Mama Support Groups
Embodied Wellness offers support groups for new as well as experienced moms to connect with each other in a safe, non-judgmental, and caring space.
Our facilitated groups offer support around issues which include:
- post-partum depression
- anxiety and isolation
- personal identity and family transitions
- developing self-compassion and mindfulness
- listening to the wisdom of the body (ours and the one of our children)
- communications skills for authentic connection
- developing a sense of internal agency and competence
- Finding recources
Being a mother myself and having worked with new mothers for many years, I know how much shame and isolation can come up especially in the beginning. If you are feeling disconnected from your body, generally overwhelmed, are having a hard time dealing with the kids, and maybe even experiencing a sense of grief and confusion as your relationship to your identity shifts, you are not alone.
The groups I offer generally run for 6 weeks during which you will be held in a supportive and caring environment as you reconnect with your body and reconnect to a deeper source of nourishment.